Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Swimming Sports

On Tuesday we had swimming sports for our houses. When everyone was at the Lido it was full of College Street kids.  Before I went to the Lido I put my togs on at school but some people got changed in to their togs at the Lido. When everyone sat down at the pool the teacher explained the rules to us. The people who couldn't swim in the deep pool went to the lower leisure pool because it wasn't so deep.

When the races started everyone cheered for their houses.  There are four houses and my house is Kea. My house colour is green.  I only wanted to go in one competitive event and one fun event. I entered the flutter board race and the relays that everyone had to do. Both my events were at the end of the swimming sports. I waited patiently until my events started.  It felt like it took forever!

In the middle of the swimming relays, Weka was coming first and my house, Kea was coming second.  I didn't have a clue where the other houses were coming. When I did the flutter board race, I came third. In my other event I didn't know where I came until the end. Weka won the relays, Kea came second, then Takahae was third and Tui came last. Everyone had a good time, even the lower leisure pool had fun.

When we were getting changed, the toilets were very loud because all the kids were talking and shouting and being silly. After everyone got changed, we went outside and got class photos at Ongley Park. Boys High were running their road race and that meant my big brother was there but I couldn't see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment