Wednesday, July 6, 2016

My Roll in my production

On Wednesday two weeks ago we started practising for our school production. Today is Monday the 27th of June and we have been performing in front of the school. Sometimes Mr R took the boys volleyball and practised and fixed things up or put new things in to make it better. If you don't know what volleyball is, it's a dance for our production and some boys from different classes are in it too, plus my class boys and me. If you don't know what a production is it's performances of the same story on a stage. Our production is called Cinderella and Rockerfella.


On July the third and fourth we have our performance at the Regent Theatre in Palmerston North. On these days, even today, we have practise for the production. Sometimes we have to be the audience for other acts than when it’s our turn we go up on stage and perform and the others are our audience.
There are two people in the production who have lead roles. They are Cinderella and Rockerfella. They are in the whole production.I wonder how many things that they have to remember. It’s really hard.
I was very excited to dance in front of my family. They thought that I danced really well.
I can't say that I had the hardest part because a production is a team effort.

My favourite part in all the dances I did was volleyball because I get to go up into the front and it's got lots of moves. A couple of those moves are my favourite moves. When I did it it felt good and the audience had a couple of laughs while we were doing it. It felt like we were doing a great job of entertaining the audience.

At the end of the performance I felt joyful, happy, calm and happy that my family had come to see me perform on the stage because they've never seen me dance on a stage before. I felt glad that it was over but really proud of how much we had achieved. It had been an epic journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment